Ordinary Extraordinaire...That's me

Ordinary Extraordinaire...That's me

Monday, June 28, 2010

keep on keeping on...

Well, May has come and gone and now June is almost over! What did I do? Where did I go? Where is Waldo or should I say Walter? My husband is hardly ever home and for what, to pay the bills? To keep me in this lavish lifestyle I'm accustumed too? Oh wait I don't live lavishly! So why?
I have finally come to a place where the Lord has worked to get me for almost my entire life..... content.... at peace with my station in life.
I don't need a new car or fancy things but and I am not complaining, no really, but I would love to see my husband more...but if that is written in our book right now so be it.
So What DID I do? I cleaned house, which by the way IS the never ending story!! I studied God's word. Kept the yard mowed and started a flower bed. oh yeah....answered God's call... it went something like this...
I was praying one night and as I sat with my head in my hands I slipped away somewhere......I found myself walking along a white path. the air was cool and it had a fresh sweet smell to it. I looked out over what looked to be a lake of glass. All around me as far as I could see it was crystal clear. The path wound around crystal columns that reached upward. An angel was walking with me. I never actually looked at her but just knew she was there, walking with me. We were chatting about little nothings. I looked into one of the columns and as I touched the slick surface, a seen began to play inside. It was a snap shot of my life. My family, my joy, my world. I smiled at the pure peace of knowing. As I walked further I came to another column and looked into it. I saw myself singing to thousands. I was on a stage holding a microphone in one hand and the other hand stretched toward the crowd. My angel whispered to me,"This is the glory of the Lord through you" I just starred at the scene playing before me. I asked my angel,"How? I don't know where to start."
She whispered back to me,"Start anywhere,God can take it from there, just sing, honey sing for the Lord"
I then heard music off in the distance. Beautiful music I can't even begin to describe. On the horizon a Great light was dawning and angels floated in and out. It began to snow lightly and the sound of children playing off in the distance warmed my heart. It was peaceful there and beautiful I could have stayed forever.
but alas, I came back and lifted my head and realized I had been sitting there for like an hour!!
I thought whew I must have fallen asleep....wow what a dream....
so I said AMEN and went to bed... as I lay there my oldest son sat straight up (yes he sleeps with me but that is another story)......eyes shut mind you,...he was asleep....but he laughed and said, "Mom, I need more snow...I'm making you a crystal sculpture......." and then he fell back to his pillow....
I felt a coolness settle on me and tears welled in my eyes.... I was in shock.... all I could choke out was.... ,"what?!"
This was a conformation for me....my son was there too..in that place....
I raised my eyes to heaven and asked...,"why Lord? why would you ask me to sing? why would you ask me to do something so hard?"
I heard a voice plain as day say, "Tracey, I have sent my people into foreign lands with no food to get slaughtered and all I have ask you to do is open your mouth."
I was speachless to say the least!!!! God has a way of putting things into perspective.
So...I decided to sing for the Lord. And then my neighbor calls me out of the blue and asks me to sing with him at a church. He has NEVER heard me sing and he just says the Lord led him to me....so I sang with him.....
I shook and was scared to death but I kept telling myself... "my confidence is in the Lord"
then he wanted me to sing AGAIN at his church so I did....
and just today my director texted me out of the blue and asked if I could sing at her church this Saturday.... wow when the Lord wants you to do something...I guess you just do it....
So June has come and is fixing to make a very HOT exit...and my poor children have been sick most of June but I am to a place where I can stay home and be a mom and Know that God is working. God is Never early but he is NEVER late either. So I'll just keep on keep'n on, doing what I'm doing till God tells me to do something different.

No comments:

Post a Comment