Ordinary Extraordinaire...That's me

Ordinary Extraordinaire...That's me

Thursday, February 4, 2010

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

Well I arrived at my sisters yesterday and she began zipping around the kitchen. She had her fancy mixer happily stirring and she was sifting flour and measuring oil and spices. She whipped up some red velvet muffins and popped them in the oven. Then she plopped out a huge bag of onions and began chopping them. I was sitting there innocently watching when I felt like someone had poked my eyes out. Duh, Onion!!! She looked like she was weeping with happiness to cook while I was opening doors and windows begging for air! I was trying to see out of a tiny slits and torrents of tears!! I finally found the table and sat down. Was this meal worth all this? After a cold rag and cold air coming in...I could finally see and she was still in the kitchen zipping around laughing at me. I figured out she was making me one of my favorite meals. French Onion Soup and Fried Chicken salad...All from scratch! I was so excited! I watched her pour buttermilk into a bowl and begin to coat the chicken for frying. Chop Chop Chop she had a beautiful salad thrown together. She looks like a little tornado in the kitchen with all her gadgets whizzing and whirling. I popped the black table cloth for pictures and it was absolutely beautiful! Almost to beautiful to eat...Almost....NOT!!! The cute little bowl of home made honey mustard looked just right on the magnolia plate of salad and chicken tenders with the gorgeous bowl of soup covered with decadent gruyere cheese, which by the way she had me pick up on the way to her house and I about fell out right there in the grocery store! It was $14 per pound!! when i asked her about this she told me quite plainly.. " Hey I said I cooked good, I never said I cooked cheep!" so there ya have it. So I sat down and took the first bite. OH it was soooo good!!! I ate and ate and ate and then realized I was full....and still I couldn't put the fork down...I ate and ate and ate....It's a good thing I brought my husbands ton and 1/2 truck, I was going to need it to haul my big butt home!!!
Ooooooof I was so full! and I hadn't eaten my muffin yet!!! What was I going to do....Ok we'll go do a facial and mask and talk and that should work off enough to eat my muffin..right? Well I did finish that muffin and it was oh-so good and then I decided for my thighs sake I should probably call it a night!! I waddled out to my big ole truck, crawled up into it and took a deep sigh. Kiss Kiss to my sisiter who cooked an incredible meal and to me who was a BIG old Pig and ate the whole thing!

2 comments:

  1. LMAO. You make it sound like I was in a tutu twirling around the kitchen with a stir here and a stir there! We both know I'm way too uncoordinated and a klutz to make cooking look THAT easy. *wink* I'm glad you enjoyed it though! I'm trying some fabulous new recipes this weekend too! YUM. Will post all the recipes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm visiting from MBC. Great blog.

    ReplyDelete