Ordinary Extraordinaire...That's me

Ordinary Extraordinaire...That's me

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

re-Joyce

I recently went to the Joyce Meyer conference. I loved it. She is a tell it like it is kind of preacher/teacher. She is not for everyone but she is for me. God knew I could relate to her so he led me to her. I had just completed the Bible all the way through for the first time when God led me to her. I was reading it as a history book more than a way of life. Basically I wasn't gett'n it. So I was in Wal-mart one day and an urge to go to the book section hit me, hard. Now I wasn't a book kind of girl. This was out of Character for me. But I obeyed and walked swiftly in that direction. Something led me around one isle and 3rd shelf down the first book my eyes focused on was Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyer. I heard the Holy Spirit say, "You're not getting it my way so here is someone you can relate to, get the book and read it."
God can be quite bossy. So I purchased the book and that night began to read. It had never occured to me that I had control of my thoughts. I never thought about what I thought about. The enemy had settled in to certain places in my brain and had control of it. If you have never read it I highly recommend it. That was the first time I had ever heard of her. Ever since I have been hooked on her and her books and her TV show. She has given me the greatest insight to God. Of course she is led by the Holy Spirit to do this, and not on her own. So this was the second time the Holy Spirit had spoken to me plainly. I will never forget it! I also will never forget the next thing he began to work on me about. But I will save it for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment